- The Data Engineer will be responsible for gathering and analyzing healthcare data from multiple sources (e.g. insurance processing, clinical operations, and patient behavior) textract trends and business insights. Then evaluates encounter data and identifies errors created by operational processes, claims and eligibility processes. Must research the analysis and categorize the encounter. The primary responsibility for this position is tfully support the ongoing healthcare business intelligence and data analytics objectives. Tsucceed in this role, you should be analytical, resourceful and works under moderate supervision.
- We are seeking an individual whis skilled in the use of Power BI, Excel, SharePoint and SQL databases for data analysis with scripting via Python.
- Provides consulting and analytic services tleadership, operations and finance.
- Monitors encounter data from various databases and create monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports
Deliver reports in pre-defined formats based on submitted and agreed upon requirements
Analyze, present and explain information inaccessible and actionable way (i.e. budgeting reports, cost and claims or clinical data)
- Summarizes large volumes of encounter data in analytical reports that include tables and graphs for management review and use
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of all ad-hoc and automated reports and corrects discrepancies
- Programs using Excel, Power BI, Python and SQL or other appropriate software tgenerate reports based on input/direction from management and other report users
- Collaborates with other departments and vendors tidentify missing data, errors or other anomalies; works with them tcorrect these encounter data errors, gather necessary information and provide guidance on regulatory reporting needs
- Building models and analyzing data tdiscover discrepancies and patterns
- Pull and integrate data from disparate sources (i.e. budgeting reports, cost and claims or clinical data)
- Collaborate with management and internal teams timplement and evaluate improvements
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong knowledge of SQL – Formulate analytic questions as database queries
- Strong hands-on familiarity with any EHR is required. Familiarity with eClinical Works (ECW) is preferred.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- 5+ Year Hands-on experience in Data Warehousing skills
- SQL/NoSQL/Postgres, Amazon Redshift, Hadoop/Spark, Azure, Data Pipeline and ETL Development (Python, Scala, AWS Glue, Data Factory)
- API development or process real-time data thru API access
- 5+ Year Hands-on experience in Data Science Skills
- Python, Analytical SQL Functions, R Language
- Data Visualization Skills
- Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Excel
- Microsoft Development experience
- Power APPS, SharePoint Lists, .Net/Web Development
Additional Skills Desired:
Hive, Apache Kafka, Streams,
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/engineering, health services research, actuarial science, statistics, or economics